As in the majority of mid-market ERP and accounting purposes SAP B1 has customizable commission and invoice forms. However being versatile in the sense of making user defined fields and tables chances are high that your imaginative and prescient and formulas are based on these objects. It's natural to resolve design work to be finished in CR as SAP owns this software and recommends for managerial reporting. We are going to attempt to come through customization and design pitfalls and recommendations to avoid them. This paper is just not intended to be a technical information for programmer as it is moderately FAQ type collection of suggestions:
1. Commission formulas. Real life is rich in case research and now we have seen prospects where formulas have several tiers they usually have effective date from and to just to open the list of possible scenarios. If you acknowledge your case then good idea is to create few person defined tables and use them for calculations
2. Statement. In numerous industries you might need parallel items that must be current on the printed form. For example it is perhaps billed and precise minutes in advertising
3. Consumer outlined fields and tables. There isn't any have to do software development in order to create these objects. They could possibly be created in consumer interface: Instruments -> Customization Tools -> Person defined tables and fields administration and from here use your intuition or read user manual. The nice thing right here is the truth that these objects are created in SQL tables in metadata and they're impartial to version upgrade. So feel free to deploy this technique. Typically you are sending buyer invoices or sales orders from external database or https://www.consultare.net/we-became-gold-partners/
application. In this case it's good idea to ship them first to person outlined tables after which deploy Software Development Kit C or VB programming in Microsoft Visible Studio to transform the rows into real Invoices and Orders
4. Design. Now let's discuss concerning the design itself. It is paradoxical but our suggestion is start this process in SQL Server Management Studio queries. Crystal is perfect software but when formulation change in the future it could be difficult to follow these changes in Designer tool. A lot simpler is to create SQL View or even stored process where all the arithmetic is finished and base report on these SQL units. In case you are designing something complicated with formulas then you is perhaps disillusioned with design results getting rows duplications and other annoying bugs. SQL is best positioned to do math. Common idea is the next - strive your question in SQL till you might be satisfied with end result and only after open CR Designer instrument to complete layout and such cosmetics as firm emblem and other graphical elements
5. Now fields and tables structures. There are two ways to discover these. First is to print it out from SDK in the type of full and really complicated diagram. And the second option is to change in menu View System Information. Then open the form with the table and area in query and place cursor over. Check out backside left nook where you should be able to read names. Attempt it by yourself and see when you got the same results. Gross sales Order header is hosted in ORDR and lines in RDR1 tables respectively.